Ronald McDonald House
Our home is filled with more than help, it's filled with hope
Ronald McDonald House® In Richmond
- Ronald McDonald House provides temporary housing for families with a child receiving medical treatment at any Richmond area hospital or medical facility.
- Families can stay at the House for a few days, weeks, or months. Staying at the House allows families to be there to support one another when they need it most. The House provides families a place of stability during a difficult time.
- When families enter the House, they are greeted by dedicated staff and dedicated volunteers. They are the heart and soul of the House and work hard to create a friendly, caring atmosphere where families can find comfort.
How does staying at the House help families?
- The House provides a clean and safe place to call home that reduces stress and financial burdens for families.
- Families can access food through meals cooked by volunteers, Grab and Go meals easy to take to the hospital, as well as a stocked kitchen and pantry through donations from the community.
- We also provide access to basic needs such as transportation to and from the hospital, access to laundry, toiletries, activities, safe spaces to relax and play.
- The House provides a network of support for families who understand the challenges of caring for a child receiving treatment.
How much does it cost to stay at the Ronald McDonald House?
- Guests are encouraged to make a donation of $15.00 per night. However, no family is ever turned away because of their inability to pay.
- Funding for House operations and programs comes through local and national fundraising efforts and donations from individuals and local businesses.
What happens if the House is full?
- RMHC Richmond is able to provide alternative housing for families in either hotels or Airbnb’s to accommodate additional families.
- Through our partnership with Airbnb, Airbnb will cover the cost of the stay for families. Through our hotel program, RMHC Richmond covers the cost of up to 2 nights in a hotel for families. If additional nights are needed, the family can pay our reduced rate with our hotel partners.
How can I stay at the Ronald McDonald House?