Stay With RMHC Richmond
We provide support, so you can focus on the most important thing - your child's healing.
From the moment you enter our doors, we want your family to be comfortable. But most importantly, we want to provide you the support you need so you can focus on the most important thing — your child’s healing.
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House, families must:
- Have a patient 21 years or younger that are being treated at a Richmond area hospital or medical facility.
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their parent or a legal guardian.
- Obtain a referral from the hospital where your child is being treated.
- Referral forms must be submitted by a hospital staff member to RMHC Richmond in the following ways:
- By phone at 804.355.6517
- Via fax at 804.358.3153
- Hospital staff members may submit online through our online Request a Room Form below.
- All adults staying at the Ronald McDonald House must present photo IDs and complete the registration process prior to receiving accommodations.
- Guests are provided with a private room, locked pantry cabinet, toiletries, and linens.
- Additionally, RMHC Richmond offers free wifi, free laundry facility and detergent, transportation to and from the hospital, a stocked pantry, televisions, telephones, and 24-hour staffing.
- Click below to see a virtual tour of the RMHC Richmond House.
- Upon a child’s discharge from the hospital, families must visit the RMHC Richmond front desk and begin the checkout process prior to leaving.
- Families should complete tasks including cleaning the room, vacuuming and dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and emptying wastebaskets.
- Room keys should be returned to the front desk.
- A suggested donation of $15 per night is encouraged upon check out.
- No family is turned away due to their inability to contribute to this nightly fee.
RMHC Family Rooms
Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are available at Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital’s Family Room has two sleeping rooms and a kitchen and the Family Room at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU has three sleeping rooms.
To stay in a family sleeping room:
- Families must have a child in the hospital where the Family Room is located.
- Families must speak with their Child Life Specialist, nurse or social worker who will determine if the family is eligible to stay in a sleeping room.