How To Help And Stay Connected
The health and well-being of our guests, families, volunteers and staff is our highest priority. We continue to work closely with our area hospitals, and are following guidance from RMHC Global, the CDC and the Virginia Department of Health while pivoting our program delivery to continue serving pediatric patient families. Here are a few ways that you can support families during their children’s medical journeys, while celebrating RMHC Richmond’s 40th Anniversary of #keepingfamiliesclose!
Donate Vital Funds
- Make a monetary donation. During this challenging time, your donation will ensure that we are able to buy the most important supplies and necessities when needed. A recurring monthly donation creates a sturdy foundation to enable us to help families weather the storm.
- Donate your used car or vehicle! Visit www.CarsHelp.org or call toll free 855-CARS-HELP (227-7435), a team will pick up the vehicle for free, handle all paperwork, auction the vehicle, and send proceeds to our charity and a tax receipt to you.
- Make your purchases through Amazon Smile choosing Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond as your charity of choice, add RMHC Richmond as your Community Rewards choice at Kroger, ask your cashier to Round-Up for RMHC at the drive-thru of Richmond-area McDonald’s, or purchase an RMHC Richmond face mask with $4 donated directly to support our work.
- Participate in our first ever VIRTUAL Dad’s Day 5k. Register now to walk or run, opt in for an exclusive race t-shirt, and join an online community with recipes, exercise playlists, and other fun! Then complete the route of your choice on Father’s Day (June 21, 2020) and share your pictures with us.
Donate Needed Items
- Donate House items and Food items via our Amazon Wish List. Also, check out our Father’s Day list to send items for us to create 115 bags for dads in the hospital.
- Donate Kroger, Target, Amazon or Visa gift cards. Gift cards can be dropped off or mailed (2330 Monument Avenue Richmond, VA 23220).
- Sign up for a date to drop off lunch supplies at the Ronald McDonald House. Staff will use the supplies to assemble and deliver lunches to families in pediatric units. Email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stay Connected with RMHC Richmond
- Invite a member of our staff to provide a virtual Lunch and Learn! You pick the date and time, and we’ll set up a video call for your team to learn more about what we do, how we are supporting families through this time, and how you can help. Email Diana at email@example.com to sign up.
- Add an RMHC Richmond Facebook Frame to your Facebook Profile Picture to show your support.
- Brighten a child’s day while supporting the mission of RMHC by downloading and printing or forwarding the RMHC Activities Book.
If you would like to speak to someone or meet virtually to learn more about making a monetary donation contact Amy Atticks at amyabigail@rmhc-richmond.